Friday, January 6, 2012

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Fractured Foil


Crackle topcoats were the it polish this year. I mean, last year. I realize I'm behind the ball here, but this is the only one I own. I like them, but I can't seem to decide which to buy. When I saw this at Walgreen's, I decided to grab one and see how I liked it. I wasn't too impressed, but according to online reviews, Sally Hansen crackles aren't that great - they are too thin and don't crackle much.

It was hard to get an even coat - my middle finger has a thinner coat than the others, so you can see the dark blue peeking through the silver even where it was supposed to be just silver. The thicker coats on the other fingers are more opaque, but not much cracklin' going on.

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Fractured Foil
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Fractured Foil over OPI Go My Own Way, no flash
Overall, I'm kinda meh about the polish. I like it, but don't love it. I'm going to keep it, it was nice to refresh my manicure when the polish started to chip. At least it's a winner there! I haven't purchased anymore of this line, but I am still wanting to try the original crackle...

3 comments:

  1. I like it. It's growing on me more. I just bought three more. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love the Sally Hansen Blue Denim crackle. I's like a blue jelly finish. I always apply thin coats and it seems to work the best that way.

    This one is definitely pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...