Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Milani 3D Holographic Swatches + Review

I mentioned awhile back that Milani had a Black Friday sale, and I scooped up the holographic polishes because I couldn't find them at my local Walgreen's. They were on sale for 50% off, so I got the whole set. The sun was dodging me today, so I had to keep running outside when the sun wasn't hiding to snap some pics before going back inside. It was comical. My husband things I'm insane.

milani 3d holographic polishes


milani 3d holographic polishes

On to the good stuff! Each swatch is three coats with no topcoat, in sunlight.

Milani Hi-Res
Milani Hi-Res
Milani Hi-Res
Milani Hi-Res
Milai Hi-Res is a beautiful light purple holo. This one is gorgeous. Light scattered holo but the light purple color is great both indoors and out.

Milani 3D
Milani 3D
Milani 3D
Milani 3D
Milani 3D is a great yellow gold scattered holo. Went on nicely. I think this was the least holographic of all the polishes. Otherwise, nice flattering scattered, gold holo. Not much else to day.

milani digital
Milani Digital
milani digital
Milani Digital
Milani Digital is a medium true pink scattered holo. I'm not much of a pink person, but this is intense enough to be pretty, even by my standards. This one was very flattering and had a medium holo effect (compared to others in the collection).

milani hd
Milani HD
milani hd
Milani HD
Milani HD is a cool, silvery scattered holo. Not much else to say. This was the thinnest of the three. I almost wanted to do more coats to make it even, but I stuck to three. I think this would look best over a base color, like Sally Hansen Celeb City.

milani cyberspace
Milani Cyberspace

milani cyberspace
Milani Cyberspace
Milani Cyberspace is a light blue (leaning green almost) scattered holo that is gorgeous. I love this color and can't get enough!

milani hi-tech
Milani Hi-Tech 
milani hi-tech
Milani Hi-Tech
Milani Hi-Tech is a medium grass green (leaning yellow) with a fairly strong holo. This green is very flattering on me (I tend to like colors with yellow bases) and the holo on it is the best in the collection. Total awesomesauce.

These polishes went on like a dream, and removed easily with regular nail polish remover (yay for no acetone, my cuticles thanked me later). Wear time was average but I generally don't wear a polish more than two days, but at that point, I had no chipping or peeling and minor tip wear. For the cost, I'd say they're dang good holos to have!

You can find them in CVS stores or buy them online at MilaniCosmetics.com for 4.99/ea.

19 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashesela is right.....they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashesala. I know! I <3 them all!!

    Emm. I hope this means you'll buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful swatches! I got a few of these on their black friday sale as well but I haven't had time to try them yet. Now I know what they will look like! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this collection! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the Cute Blog Award!! =) Award info is posted on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh ive never seen these before! so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Digital and Hi-Res and absolutely love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samantha. I bet you will love them! Why aren't you wearing them already?

    Nail Reflections. Thanks. And thanks! haha

    Simply Beauty. You have to get them! They're good holos for cheap! Can't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are awesome! I hope my CVS has them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Polish and Charms. I hope so too. I don't go to CVS often but the last time I did they had a ton. Grab them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this collection! Cyberspace and Hi-Res are my favorites. Yay for Milani making holos readily available! :D And omg I totally know what you mean - I live in an urban area and lighting in my apartment is AWFUL so...I have to go outside for photos. When I am taking photos of my nails on the street people are like, what?!? LOL! I just have to pretend they aren't there. I guess I am probably known as that weird girl who takes pictures of her hand, lol! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look stunning, I only have the purple and green one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are gorgeous and probably my favorites, along with the blue.

      Delete
  14. ACK! I am so jealous. I only have the purple one and am dying to get the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...