Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm Versatile & Cute!

Yay! Awards.


Thanks to Wig Wam for this award!!



Now I'm supposed to tell you seven things you don't know about me. Seven. Why is it always seven? Who made up that number? What's so special about it? =) You can see my previous post here where I gave you seven things. Now I have to think of seven more...

1. My favorite movie is Bring It On. I used to watch it once a week. I can almost quote the entire movie. I make references to scenes quite often. 

2. I work in the medical field and I wash my hands (no joke) 40-50 times a day, which is what I blame for my dry cuticles.

3. I love rain. I love the sound, the smell, the rolls of thunder, the lightening flashing. Everything. Adore it. I should do a manicure dedicated to rain. 

Random fact (that has nothing to do with me): The smell after rain that people talk about - it's ozone you're smelling. It's made when oxygen is hit with electricity.

4. I'm a nerd and like to know random facts to offer up randomly. I realize it makes me appear socially awkward but I'm a hit at parties. 

5. I'm fluent in basic and medical Spanish but I'm trying to learn more to become fluent. It's a been a long, slow road and I feel like I'm getting nowhere. When I try to speak Spanish (and I mean try) I liken it to a third grader with poor grammar. =)

6. I love to swim. I'm a total water baby. I was a lifeguard back in the day and I would love to buy a house with a pool so I can swim every day. 

7. I would love to travel the world and see new places and learn about new cultures while doing medical mission work. That's my goal in life. =) 


and ...


Thanks to Polish and Charms and Nail Reflections for tagging me with this lovely award! 


Here are the rules:

1. Link back person who awarded you
2. Answer award questions
3. Tell us something about yourself you haven't told us in your blog yet

Questions:
1. What is your go to makeup product?
Foundation. And mascara. Foundation does wonders for my uneven skin tone but I need mascara or I look dead.
2. What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
Glitter! Not that it's new, but I love the full coverage opaque glitter polishes that came out. Is that considered a fashion trend?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
Warm cookies with cold milk.
4. Favorite color?
Purple
5. What is your middle name?    
Michelle
6. What was the last song you listened to?
Don't You Remember by Adele. I'm so addicted to that song I feel like a stalker.
7. Cats or dogs?
Dogs!!
Something I haven't shared yet about myself ...
The reason I love nail polish (and makeup in general) is because it always fits. Always. I'm overweight, and I hate shopping for clothes. They never fit, they're unflattering, and expensive when you have to shop in a specialty store that carries your size. But nail polish - it always fits. You can be fashionable, demure, sweet, sexy, proud, beautiful - anything you want to be. And that's why I love it.

Consider all of you out there tagged! I've tagged so many people in the past month I'm sure I'm going to get blocked pretty soon. 

7 comments:

  1. this was really fun to read! What do you do in the medical field, exactly? Also, warm cookies & cold milk is my favorite, too- on nom nomz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these types of posts!! :D I also love random facts (and the smell of ozone!) Did you know that the smell when rain hits dry earth actually has a name? Petrichor! So cool! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your facts! ;) I would love to be able to speak Spanish, maybe I'll try to learn it :)
    And what you said at the end, is exactly why I love polish too :) I have the same problem and nail polish just always fits and you can express yourself with all the pretty colors and Nail Art :) Really, really loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my another Michelle! I tell you there should be club! This all was really great to learn about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following @ Glamo Nails & comenting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch Bring it On ALL THE TIME. My best friend at the time and I would fall asleep to it every time we stayed the night with each other. :P

    I'm also attempting to become fluent in Spanish! I'm currently taking my 8th Spanish course and am progressing slowly but surely. Learning another language is tough!

    Swimming is also a love of mine. :)

    I really enjoyed reading these! Congrats on your awards. :D

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...