Saturday, January 21, 2012

Comparison: Sally Hansen Showgirl Chic vs China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara

I recently posted the China Glaze Eye Candy 3D Glitters Lorelei's Tiara looks awfully similar to Sally Hansen GEM crush Showgirl Chic.

And here are some nail comparison shots (three coats each) ...






Can you tell which is which? I can't.

Sally Hansen GEM crush Showgirl Chic is on the 1st and 3rd fingers (index/ring) and China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara is on the 2nd and 4th fingers (middle/pinky).

Sooooo I'd say China Glaze is going to be your better bet as Lorelei's Tiara is only $3.50 (you can buy at www.head2toebeauty.com with a 5% of code JAN05) and Sally Hansen Showgirl Chic is $6.99 (double the price!) and you get the same amount of product.

So, I admit it. I'm not so great with technology. I used to be the smartest whiz in class making little simple computer programs in middle school. Now I have a hard time navigating my own computer. I tried getting a program so I can write on the pictures (not even to watermark, just to label colors on comparison photos) but I can't figure out how to save the picture so I can use it - it just keeps saving the original picture. Any advice or suggestions? I'm a Mac user, btw.

19 comments:

  1. I orderd Lorelei's Tiara 3 weeks ago it still isn't here cry cry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I can't wait to see it on your gorgeous nails. =)

      Delete
  2. Wow, there really isn't any difference, they're perfect dupes :) And really beautiful ones :D I use Gimp to edit my photos and write on them, I think there even is a version for Mac ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out Gimp. And I wasn't expecting them to be so spot on.

      Delete
  3. I love this! it the blue in it that make me want this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, that blue glitter really makes the polish.

      Delete
  4. They are exactly the same!! :O O_O Great comparison!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this helps someone out there who can't find the GEM crush series.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the comparison! They look exactly alike, the price of the China Glaze is way better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Wish I woulda known before I bought the SH. =)

      Delete
  6. sorry i really am useless at comps, i only crop my pics!!! good luck girl:) thanks for the comparison i love these polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. At least I'm not the only one. I have to take my pictures straight on because I can't even rotate them. Heh.

      Delete
  7. Wow! These are basically identical!! I want to pick up Lorelai's Tiara but the shipping is what is putting me off. I figured I'd hold off from ordering until I can make a big order. However, I am considering just picking up Showgirl Chic. (I already picked up Cha Ching the dupe for Love Marilyn) I use an online photo editor to tag or label my pictures but the site I use will be shutting down in April.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to laugh at me but I open Microsoft paint. And use that to write on/label pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picmonkey is a free site that allows you to add text! I use that to make my watermark. It's free, quick & simple as can be!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...