Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Spider

Hiya gorgeous! I know I've been slacking with my nail art prompts, but I promise to try to be better. I've just been so busy with going out of town and work has been picking up so I find less and less time to do my nails, much less edit and post. =/ I'm going to see if I can do some damage this weekend and get some mani's edited and posted!

Today's prompt is spiders. I'm really scared of spiders. Small ones are fine, but if they're a dime or bigger, I totally freak. My husband thinks I'm silly but I don't care. If you've seen the movie Arachnophobia then you KNOW what I'm talking about!

Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Spiders (no top coat)
Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Spiders (no top coat)



Does anyone else take pictures BEFORE top coat in case it messes up your design? I've had that happen before so I take pictures beforehand just in case I lose the design, I haven't lost proof that I did it! haha Sorry for the messy clean up, I have such a hard time cleaning up acrylic paint near my cuticles. Acetone doesn't do squat - any suggestions?

Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Spiders (with top coat)
Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Spiders (with top coat)

Based super loosely on Simply Rins Crawling Spiders design. The more I look at mine, they look nothing like hers! haha Hers look more like spiders and she has mad nail art skillz!

Products Used:
Total RX Nail Hardener
Revlon Wicked Star (awesome shimmery grass green - deserves its own post!)
Black Acrylic Paint
White Acrylic Paint
Revlon Fast Dry Top Coat



Hope you enjoyed! =) If you're participating, make sure you get the InLinkz code!









20 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO FREAKING CUTE. I've seen a lot of spiders but these are my favorite. Adorable. And that green polish is fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you are really good at this! I love the green base. You are so right it deserves a separate post. I haven't done any Halloween themed nail art ever. Dreading what mess I come up with :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I see what you mean. Yours remind me a little of some sort of sea creature (squid? octopus?), but I can certainly see the spider intent! That green is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute! I'm a huge arachnophobe myself and had trouble with this prompt. But I made mine cute just like you!! I'm a little afraid to look at everyone else's though ;) Good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually don't take pictures beforehand but that is a good idea. I have had some streakage before.. :( These little spiders are so cute! love the green backgroudn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super pretty *____________*


    <33333

    ___________________________

    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spiders are adorable! And I LOVE Wicked Star - I've seen gorgeous swatches so I picked it up but haven't had a chance to try it for myself yet :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spiders turned out so cute! And I really need to get that green Revlon polish... seriously! Sooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little spiders and I fell in love with this Revlon polish :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute <3 I really like those spiders. I am not a spider fan either :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK! I've just seen my first cute spider!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I didn't knew spiders could be sooooo freaking cute :D You did an awesome job ;) I'm so scared os spiders as well, but I love yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so afraid of spiders ! But those are cute ! So I like them !^^

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...