Friday, December 13, 2013

Blue

I decided to try my hand at a double liner. I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out. Not perfect, but much better than I was expecting. This was taken before I went to go see the latest Hunger Games film during Thanksgiving weekend.






My inspiration was from Viola at Killer Colours (ie totally copied it as closely as I could - I'll link post when I can find it again) and Phlox at EyeGraffiti has a great one using a different color Wet N Wild liquid eyeliner!


I thought this was a super fun look except for the fact that my eyes watered the entire time. I don't use liquid eyeliner much and my eyelids get this really weird almost numb feeling after I start applying it. I don't know if my eyes are sensitive to an ingredient or if it goes with liquid eyeliner that has to dry or set on your lids. Anyone else get that feeling? Should I be avoiding a certain ingredient? Please let me know!

Product List
Face
  Philosophy The Present
  Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Foundation in Warm Vanilla
  Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer in Medium Beige
  Sephora Mineral Matte Setting Powder
  Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze
  Milani Baked Blush in Dulce Pink
Eyes
  Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
  Buxom Stay There Eyeshadow in Beagle
  Elf Eyeshadow in light purple (unnamed, from kit)
  Wet N Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Blue (862)
  Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion
  Lime Crime Nymph (highlight)
  Maybelline The Falsies Flared in Blackest Black
Lips
  e.l.f. Nostalgic topped with e.l.f. Classy to pink it up a bit

A word of advice - I recommend doing it the way Phlox recommended. A thick line of the colored liner followed by a thin dark line near your lashes. I think if I had tried to do a steady line of color above the black eyeliner, it would have turned out much differently, and likely not as good.

I think this could be really fun using gold or silver to spice up a Christmas party look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...