Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013: Day 8 Metallic Nails

I was trying to think of a design that would make the metallic polish pop, and the few I tried all failed miserably. I then tried to do some designs I wanted to recreate, but the metallic finish really detracted from the original designs. 

I figured a design where the metallic finish would help the design would be ideal. Hence, fireworks! Or artistic flowers. Whichever.



Products Used:
Elmer's Glue (base coat)
Petites Night
Kleancolor Metallic Orange
Kleancolor Metallic Pink
Kleancolor Metallic Sapphire
Maybelline Blue Blowout
Revlon Gold Coin
Wet N Wild Hog-Quartz School
Seche Vite

On a side note, I really like Elmer's Glue for a base coat not only in glitters but in manicures that require a black base coat. Blacks, at least for me, tend to run and stain when being removed (much like dark blues and greens) making them a mess to take off. With the help of a peel off base coat, it makes removal MUCH easier and nicer to your cuticles.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Metallics and Fireworks - genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone agrees with me! I was worried. haha Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is beautiful! Love that you went with fireworks

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...