Let's break it down, shall we?
- Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub. I love this stuff. I never am without it. I buy either the "real" St. Ives or the Walmart equivalent, but either way, I use it almost every day and it leaves my skin silky smooth. Verdict: Will buy again, and again, and again. And again. =P
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel. I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora in 2011 (wow!) and I set it aside as I had a reaction to Philosphy's lip gloss and for some reason, in my head, I would have a reaction to this. I finally tried it and I really like it. Soft, feminine smell, lathers easily, and my skin is soft. While I've truly enjoyed it, I can't justify the price. Verdict: Won't repurchase.
- Selsun Blue Normal to Oily. It's no secret my hair gives me fits. Super oily and I have seborrhea which gives me dandruff. I was recently turned off my Head & Shoulders, and Selsun Blue stepped right in and did the job. While the scent isn't super nice, it works, so I shouldn't complain tooooo much. Verdict: Already purchased.
Hand and Body Care
- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea body lotion. I love this scent, nice and light and clean and fresh. The formula isn't heavy and soaks in easily. I haven't used this very quickly but now I'm using lotion like a mad woman. I use this if I'm in a hurry and don't want to wear perfume. This was my second tube. I may repurchase, but I've got about 10 bottles of lotion, so I'll wait. The scent is enough to keep my coming back though!
- Bath & Body Works Body Cream in Enchanted Orchid. Great stuff. SUPER heavy lotion. I don't use heavy creams much but when a freeze hit recently, I was lathering this on twice a day. Lovely light scent, very crisp floral and not a sweet fake floral. Verdict: Will buy again, possibly in a different scent, but I have 3 more to empty before that happens...
- Elemis Skin Nourishing Milk Bath. I bought this about 3 years ago while on a cruise and the spa talked me into it! The things I will commit to when you rub my feet. It's nice, light, and has a nice fresh scent. I put this into the lotion dispenser in my guest bath and that's how it got used up! It was nice, but nothing really special other than being SUPER RUNNY. Verdict: Won't repurchase.
- Sally Hansen Miracle Grow (not pictured). I used this daily. I'm not sure it helped my nails grow quicker, but it was a decent base coat. Nothing really to say good or bad, it just was. This bottle was used to decant a broken bottle of polish so it's no longer empty! Verdict: Won't repurchase.
- Seche Vite (not pictured). I love this top coat. Despite its tendencies to cause shrinkage, it's still my go to topcoat! It was empty for about two minutes and then I filled it with glue for a glitter basecoat. haha Verdict: I already have two more waiting to be opened on top of the one I'm currently using.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Pressed Powder. This stuff is pretty cool. The packaging is awesome but heavy. The powder itself is nice and has a lilac tint to it so it counters redness. It was on sale, it was cool while it lasted, but I'm enjoying my current mattifying powder more and it's cheaper! Verdict: Won't repurchase.
- Korres Lip Butter in Guava. I love this stuff. I bought it not realizing I grabbed the one that's white. Oops. I generally used this at night before bed or on top of crazy bright/dark lip colors. It's buttery, silky, and my lips felt amazing. I don't like products in jars to apply during the day because I feel like I get the products dirty dipping my hands in there. I have a few other tubs of lip products to use up on my nightstand, but when the time comes, I'll likely purchase this again. Verdict: Repurchase at some point probably.
- FairyDrop Scandal Queen Mascara in Black. This is hands down my favorite mascara. I got it in a Sephora package and I had never ordered it. I don't know if they were sent as advertisement or an oops. Either way, I LOVE IT and am so thankful I accidently received it. Super black, volumizing, and it has fibers to make your lashes look long. I've been using this for awhile (longer than the shelf life likely) and it's gotten thick and hard to apply, so I'm laying it to rest. This baby made my small, sad lashes very noticeable and look longer. Verdict: Will repurchase!
Have you been good about using up the products in your life? Or do you just buy the necessary items and don't have extras?