Sunday, November 4, 2012

Julep Maven American Beauty Nov 2012

Hiya beautiful! I've got the beauties from my Julep Maven November 2012 American Beauty Box. Wow, that's a mouthful! For those of you who don't know about Julep Maven, there will be more information below!

Nov 2012 American Beauty:
Julep Brit (matte suede finish)
Julep Amber (matte suede finish)
Julep Body Frosting in Pink Grapefruit
3 Julep One-Step Polish Remover Pads

Julep Maven American Beauty Nov 2012 box
Julep Maven American Beauty Nov 2012 box



Here is a two finger accent mani, although you can't tell since my thumb isn't included. I did the mirror opposite on my other hand. I did a little experiment and put base coat under two the colors to test wear and application, which I'll talk about it a little bit. I will say that my ring finger has crazy ridges that are usually not noticeable via buffing and basecoat, but matte/suede polish will definitely bring out any ridges or uneveness. Just something to think about ...

Julep Amber swatch, Julep Brit Swatch
Julep Amber, Julep Brit

I had basecoat (Total Rx Build Me Up Nail Hardened - random base coat essentially) on my pink and ring finger. Application on those was less than stellar with the first coat, as you can see below. The second coat was better and only the pinky required a third coat since it had some cuticle pull (lifting of polish color near the cuticle when a new layer of polish is applied).

Julep Amber swatch, Julep Brit Swatch
Julep Amber, Julep Brit

These aren't quite matte as I think if a creme without shine, while suede makes me think of a textured polish without shine. These look so awesome, they remind of the OPI Suede polishes. Great finish, it's gorgeous! I LOVE suede polishes.

Julep Amber swatch, Julep Brit Swatch
Julep Amber, Julep Brit

Overall, I LOVE these polishes and am super happy with them. They were easy to apply with a great formula, two coats needed for full coverage. Dry time was quick,  and while I've only been wearing them for about 24 hours, I have minimal chipping on both colors on both base coat and non-base coat nails, so I don't think it will affect wear in the positive or negative.

Just another picture of these fabulous polishes. So happy with these and I'm tempted to buy the other ones because this texture of polish is just beautiful!!

Julep Amber swatch, Julep Brit Swatch
Julep Amber, Julep Brit

Julep Maven Program

For those of you who may not know about the Julep Maven program, it's a monthly mail order nail polish program. For $20/mo you get a box of goodies, which generally includes two nail polishes (each retail for $14/ea so you've already saved money!) and extra goodies - quick dry polish drops, glitter, polish remover, lip gloss, mascara, lotion, scrubs, etc! Usually there is a little candy in there too. =P

The monthly polishes are chosen based on your style quiz you take when signing up. If course they let you know what you're getting every month and there is a time window to change the box you get, add colors if you want more, pass on that month's box if it doesn't look interesting, or send it to someone else as a gift!

If you'd like to check it out you can CLICK HERE to take a style quiz and get set up. I believe the code MAVEN50 will get you the first box for 50% off!

4 comments:

  1. I got Amber too. Isn't she a beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still not on board with Julep...I hated the mess when they first had their start up...but more than that, I was not a fan despite that got worked out. I don't like to be part of clubs - I get busy and don't correct my orders in time and then I get 'stuff' I don't want. But I am old and lived through all the Book Of the Month Club, Record of the month Clubs, DVD clubs and on and on. If I had not lived through so many other 'clubs' in the past, I probably would have jumped on a few of these polish/beauty ones popular now. I think I did see something about Julep was being sold at some Sephoras now or maybe it was at Ultas - and I know they have sold on QVC as well to which the latter to me is usually a rip off by the time you pay tax and postage and then if you don't like something you need to pay postage to send it back - ends up costing more for most things. Funny how much difference there is in colors just from the use of the base coat here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are the most beautiful matte polishes. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to skip this month, but I do really like Amber, it is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...