I have been really awful about posting and commenting lately, and I'm truly sorry. Things have been busy and work has been driving me nuts lately. My poor husband is bearing the brunt of my bad mood, poor guy. But I have been playing with makeup and taking pictures so I am trying to work on putting together some posts. I'm also contemplating a youtube video, but I think I'm way too shy and nervous to do something like that. So I'll live behind my computer screen. =)
Today I wanted to share with you a favorite foundation of mine - Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Mat Velvet +. This is an oil free, water resistant, non-comedogenic (non pore clogging), full coverage liquid foundation.
Please excuse my awful skin in these pictures. I have huge pores and tons of breakouts and hyperpigmentation, but at least you see how it looks on someone who has things to actually cover!
I applied this over a clear primer with a foundation brush. I like this foundation in the summer because I can sweat or get oily and it won't affect the color/coverage - usually you have to sacrifice one for the other! I don't try to get perfect skin, I've decided that's my personal unicorn, but I appreciate that it covers up most of my breakouts and hyperpigmentation. You can layer this for more coverage, but I'm too worried about it feeling heavy.
I honestly have no idea what shade I'm wearing. It's either not on the bottle or it rubs off easily, because I can't find it anywhere. I will say that I wear MUFE HD foundation in 120, so I think I'm wearing 40. I think. You can see swatches of all the colors here on karlasugar.net.
- full coverage, can layer for more coverage
- 30s-1minute blending time before it sets
- oil free, won't clog pores
- water resistant (in case you swear or are going to the pool!)
- lots of shade options depending on color and undertones
- small design, no bulky packaging
- minimal amount needed for full face application
- won't flash back in photographs (because it has no sunscreen, which makes it good for indoor events - weddings, banquets, etc)
No Me Gusta:
- name wears off bottle quickly
- will show any dry patches (moisturization is key!)
- only available at Sephora so if you don't have one near you to test colors, you have to guess online.
- no sunscreen (not a big deal for me, but it may be to you!)
I'm getting low on this foundation and I'll likely buy it again as soon as I use up some products.
Sephora.com is the exclusive retailer of this item and it retails for $36 for 1.01oz product.