Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rainbow French

I've been trying to get back into more interesting nails and nail art, but it's a slow process when I try to keep my nails pseudo-business friendly for work. I was planning on a purple, green, and pink wallpaper flower design but High Marks Purple ended up chipping quickly and I had to take it off. I was actually at work today with nekkid nails! I haven't done that in awhile. I've even had one person mention that my nails weren't "fun!" Apparently I'm getting a reputation.

I do not do tips freehand well, so sorry for my lines in advance!
 Rainbow French nail art



Rainbow French nail art

Rainbow French nail art

I had someone help me take pictures of both my hands to see I do polish both! I know it's really out of focus, but it was the best one that showed you most of my nails. 

Rainbow French nail art

While I was outside I noticed it was really green with all the rain we've been getting. Our trees and bushes are getting away from us, but don't forget, we live on a farm!


Barielle Head of the Class Green
Barielle Straight A Coral
Barielle Blue Capri
Barielle Lemon Drops
Barielle High Marks Purple

My paper towel for cleaning up my tips. I did them the way the salon does tips (usually). I did base coat on the tips (Gelous), two thin coats of color, then used a thick stiff brush with acetone to make the tip, then covered with a top coat (Seche Vite). The elf brush I used for this mani, the blue one I used for the one below. I think the elf brush worked better because it wasn't slanted, was thicker and stiffer, which made it easier to maneuver.



Note to self: Take a picture right away or else they will chip right away and there will be no salvaging them for a picture. Below are my first try!



Barielle Cosmic Kiss
Barielle High Marks Purple
Barielle Sweet Addiction
Barielle Lemondrops
Barielle Blue Capri

I don't generally do french tips because my nail beds are all different sizes, so when I have the same length nail, my free edges (the white outgrowth) are different lengths, so my tips can look pretty whack. I liked Rainbow French because I could use brighter colors (coral and yellow) on my shorter tips to make them look bigger and darker colors (purple and blue) on my longer tips to make them appear smaller, so everything looks more even. It's also nice to use opaque colors and you can make the free edges more uniform.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colours. I'm not really a fan of french manicures but when they are this colourful it's hard not to like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! The bright colors are so much fun!!! And I think you did a fabulous job on the French tips!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are great!! If that's freehanded then you have nothing to worry about :) also, GORGEOUS backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    the design looks so lovely!!!
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this colors...blue<3

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...